Popup Dungeon Wiki
Popup Dungeon is a roguelike dungeon crawler for PC, Mac, and Linux that lets players create any weapon, any ability, any enemy, and any character they can imagine. It’s a papercraft version of an enchanted board game with tactical, turn-based RPG gameplay in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics. It can be challenged alone or through hot seat or online multiplayer and is scheduled for release in August 2020.
The game play is something like Final Fantasy Tactics or X-Com meets a Dungeons and Dragons board game. It's turn-based and the movement is handled on a simple grid. While Popup Dungeon will not be "twitch-based" or require lightning reflexes, we hope to make the action as lively as possible, with fast-paced, decisive combat.
It features all manners of game mechanics you can expect from games like these, and maybe even some you don't expect! The extensive customization and user-creation system will allow players to put nearly any strategy they can imagine into effect.
- The Story Goes Something Like This...
Long ago or yet to be, a Wizard from another world stabbed his tower into the side of the Earth like an immense dagger. It pierced into stone and time, deeper than anyone can ever dig. The only way in is through portals scattered around the world. These portals are disguised as enchanted board games, and they come with an invitation:
- Roguelike: permanent death, quick gains, procedural dungeons, and a mixture of handcrafted and procedurally generated loot
- Tactical Turn-Based RPG: fast-paced, strategic game play
- Infinitely Extensible: Users can easily create: weapons, abilities, characters, and enemies.
- Papercraft: We hand-fold every pixel to ensure every dungeon is fresh and lively for you!
- Multiplayer: Hot Seat or Online Coop
- Flexible Party Size: Dungeon Crawl alone or with a party
- Variable Challenges: Choose the dungeon crawl that's right for your schedule, from single-seaters to infinite descents.
- Persistent Gains: Charms awarded by The Wizard after a run are permanent and give every character under your control a bonus. They are quite magical. Collect and combine them to achieve curious effects.
- How to help
- See how you can help contribute to Popup Dungeon Wiki! Remember to maintain a standard for grammar and punctuation in your contributions, please.
- Register an account to keep track of your contributions.